09.30 Community Care Projects
12.00 Agapē Feast
It’s been great to have a sabbatical over the last two weeks, but we are so looking forward to being together this Sunday for our outdoor Agapē feast!
Prior to feasting we are going to kick off the morning with some community care projects, to share God’s love, build community, make some new friends, and grow our appetite for lunch. Meet at the Chapel at 930am sharp to find your team.
1. The Eureka Hall committee has asked for volunteers to help restore the fence and garden around the pioneer memorial just down the road. The memorial marks the first house church in Eureka in 1883. We need people to help prune back the overgrowth, dig out weeds and place weed matting, and transport wood-chips with a trailer.
2. We’ve removed a whole lot of overgrown ferns between the chapel and the hall due to a termite problem. The clearing has left cobwebs and leaf litter on the walls. A few people with long handled brooms and step ladders would be great to clear this up.
3. The kids church area needs cleaning and sorting. If you’re a kids church volunteer and would like to help cleaning and organising this space, this job is for you!
4. Our eldest congregation member, Douglas Johnston, is turning 88 on the 23rd of this month. It would be great to bless him with some mowing/slashing/clearing at Zalmonah. BYO heavy duty gardening tools, and a slasher or ride-on mower would be ideal.
5. All this work is making us hungry! We need some volunteers to help set up for lunch and clean up afterwards. It’s also not too late to sign up to bring some food along to share! This is a feast, not a snack!
6. If you can’t help with any of these projects, for whatever reason, please don’t let that stop you from joining us for lunch and fellowship. It won’t be the same if you’re not there.
All our community care projects begin by meeting at the Chapel at 930. At 1130 we will reconvene back at the Chapel for a midday feast at 12.
*Come ready to share your time, love and effort.
*Come ready to receive the joy of being part of a community.
*Come prepared with all the equipment you might need.
*Come hungry and thirsty, and you will be filled.
See you Sunday! 🌱
We are a registered COVID safe organisation. Please sign in on arrival with the NSW service app. Masks are mandatory inside the hall and chapel. Keep 1.5 m spacing. Thank you for your assistance and understanding.